Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78. How can I fix? TWC tells me its an issue with Outlook.

I am getting the following message when sending an email from Outlook Express 6 "The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. Server: 'smtp-server.twcny.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78.  How can I fix? TWC tells me its an issue with Outlook.
|
Answer
Answer

Technical questions don't belong in the Answer Feedback forum so I moved your post to the WIndows XP "Netwoking and Getting Online" forum where Outlook Express issues are handled.

Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different products and are unrelated except for the names.

The problem you describe occurs usually when you have not set thte option to authenticate to your outgoing SMTP server.  If you click Tools>Accounts, select your account, then click Properties, you should see a tab labeled Servers.  On that tab is a check box labeled "My server requires authentication".  Check it.  Then check the Settings button to the right.  You'll see two radio buttons.  The top one, labeled "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is usually the correct one to choose.

Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

The server does not support a SSL connection.

Did you try with SSL unchecked?

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
☞ Avoid a post. Backup your data. ☜

Bruce Hagen
MVP: 2004 ~ 2010
2014 ~ Present
Imperial Beach, CA

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 23, 2019 Views 2,775 Applies to: