My windows live messenger keeps disconnecting after signing in.

Previously I solved an error of unable to sign into my windows live ID after changing my password but now my messenger is giving me the problem. I can sign in successfully but it will get disconnected by itself without any error msg or code. I tried reallowing access thru my personal firewall, checked internet connections and managed add-ons but to no avail. I tried uninstalling and reinstall but it didnt work as well. I repaired my network connection and also thru messenger trobleshooter but it didnt work as well. The status of my messenger shows "You are currently not connected to .NET Messenger Service." What can be causing this to happen and how can I resolve it? Please help and guide me. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 3,271 Applies to:
Answer

Hi there,

thanks for your recomendation but i have it resolved at last...lol...I finally realised that as I am using windows xp, so the compatibility modes for all programs and applications installed are set to windows 95. So I had changed the compatibility mode of my windows live applicatons to windows 2000 and it is working fine now....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.