How do I restore my Bing web browser and all Internet Explorer applications due to modifications relating to Java-based, or "other applications' permissions"

Even though I've just begun to "actively" use computers, the following... are what I believe led to my Internet Explorer's...

and Web-Browsers' (Bing.com) eventual "failure" :

[1] Whilst I were en-route to lauching my Bing web-browser, I got "prompted" to modify the permissions to my Java 32-bit

application to I believe to have been an "protected mode...".

[2] Staright after that, I just automatically lost almsot all connections to the web, and my favorite Microsoft websites.

[3] On my Internet Explorer's "pinned sites" menu, there are... -for the first time ever- sites that are both "very active" (ones that I've lost     

connections to..., such as selected Microsoft Siets; the Windows.com; Twitter and Facebook !!!!!), and those that are "less active" (ones  

that obviously lost connections to..., such as Bing.com and Outlook.com)

[4] My email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Based on the information you have provided, I understand that you are facing issues connecting to certain websites in Windows XP. I will certainly help you with this issue.

Please reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it works fine.

NOTE: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 13, 2023 Views 59,043 Applies to: