Can't get online after installing windows XP Home on my notebook which was origally XP PRO

I have a HP Compaq notebook 6830s which had xp professional did not get a os disc with it when purchased. The system crashed Error code 0x0000007B. I  installed OS XP Home version not Pro Version and now I't doesn't recognize my modem, or ethernet. Can not get online. I go tho the HP website and they only have the driver downloads for XP Pro not Home Version. I go to the device manager and have Question marks on the following-- ethernet controller (PCI bus 134 , device 0, function 0), Network controller (PCI bus 3, device 0, function 0),PCI Device (PCI bus 0 device 27 function 0), Universal serial bus (PCI bus 0, device 29, function 7) Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller (PCI bus 0,device 26, function 7), Unknown device Properties ( on PCI bus), Unknown Device Properties (on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System) and Video Controller (VGA Compatible) Properties (PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0) all Question marks have (Code 28). Is there any wat I can fix this or do I need to install OS XP PRO?

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 108 Applies to:
You are probably lacking the chipset drivers.  Since it's a notebook, controllers like the Ethernet controller, the modem, the sound card, etc. are integrated on the motherboard.  Each manufacturer needs drivers specific to the motherboard.  Use a different PC to connect with HP's support web site and look for your devices specific drivers for the motherboard/chipset.  Download them to a USB memory stick and install them to the notebook from the memory stick.
Brian

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I downloaded the chipset driver to a USM memory stick from my other computer and tried to download it into the notebook but none of the four USB ports seem to be working. I'll try burning it to a disc and installing it that way. It didn't work I got an error executing the specified program. "c:\swsetup\SP41388\Setup.exe"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.