1 computer thinks network has no internet access when it does

I have an ActionTec modem with AT&T service and a LinkSys router. My roommate's computer and my work computer can connect to this wirelessly and have internet, no problem. My personal computer connects to my network, but then says my network has "no internet access" which is obviously false since 2 other computers can use the internet on this network. I've unplugged, turned off, turned on, you name it. Also I know my computer can still connect wirelessly because it works on a public wireless network. Possibly related, upon turning on my computer, a RunDLL error message pops up about how it can't find DisplayOnlineTray. All worked fine with these 3 devices (modem, router, and my computer) until AT&T had service issues last week. When the internet came back, my roommate's computer and my work computer were fine, but my computer can't see the network's connection to the internet. Why is my computer blind to this connection and how can I fix it?
Answer
Answer
Please provide the following diagnostic information from your "personal computer":

What version of XP is installed, including service pack (right click My Computer and select Properties if you don't know)?

• Open a Command Prompt window (start > run > cmd > OK)
  • In the black Command Prompt window, type each of the following lines and press Enter after each one

ipconfig /all > "%userprofile%\Desktop\ipinfo.txt"
                      ping 192.168.1.1 >> "%userprofile%\Desktop\ipinfo.txt"
                      ping google.com >> "%userprofile%\Desktop\ipinfo.txt"
                      notepad "%userprofile%\Desktop\ipinfo.txt"

Please note that there is one > in the first line and two >> in the second and third lines

• Copy and paste the contents of the Notepad window in your response here
  • You may close the Command Prompt window and the Notepad window and delete ipinfo.txt from your Desktop.
-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 28, 2020 Views 7,084 Applies to: