Windows XP pro on Emachine D4362 has 4 slots of Ram but does not register 3.5 GB as iinstalled

It registers 1.5 GB of the 3.5 GB installed of PC3200 400mhz of DDR . In the past, before upgrade, it showed the 1.75 GB that was installed.
Answer
Answer
How did you get 3.5 GB into 4 slots?  (That is, what is in each slot?)

Also, I assume that because you say that your computer has 4 slots for RAM, you must have actually looked inside the case ... but this page from Crucial says that the eMachines D4362 has only 2 slots that take a max of 1 GB each for a total max of 2 GB.  Where did you find the information that says that your computer can have up to 4 GB installed?  A link would be much appreciated.

In Googling my question above, I came across this thread that claimed that the D4362 has 4 slots and can take up to 4 GB based on the specs of the motherboard.  But this begs the question:  where is the eMachine spec that identifies the motherboard?

Without more information, I'm inclined to go with the conclusion of the last post in that thread in the Corsair RAM support forums:  "Unfortunately it sounds as if you have memory that is not compatible with your MOBO."

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 303 Applies to: