VIA AC'97 audio driver will not install on windows xp pro after reformat on emachines D2266 code 10

E-machines/Acer/Gateway do not have a driver listed. To be specific; this an E-machines D2266 with a main board #D33007 VC37-L and uses a Phoenix-bios Pentium 4 award. Via AC'97 shipped with this computer and I used the original installation Cd's when reformatting. The only other information on the motherboard is Bios ID i845GL-LPC47M-6A69VF0IC-00-none; 3800/IEK417 and K373106 392 VC37-L. There is nothing wrong with the speakers nor is any other problem with this computer. I have the latest updates from Microsoft including service pack 3, and apparently, Microsoft does not contain any hardware updates, yet in the device manager, a yellow circle with a black exclamation point in the center remains. Yes, I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, and gone into the Bios and unchecked and rechecked that as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
more than 500 times

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 495 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the problem, as there are no updates available from Microsoft updates for this rather peculiar issue, nor does the Manufacturer have any drivers listed. However, thank you for your input Dart40

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.