trying to get replacement USB transceiver for my wireless keyboard

I've lost the USB transceiver for my wireless keyboard/mouse set, trying to find out where I can get a replacement for it without having to get a whole new keyboard & mouse just for that one transceiver.

Microsoft Natural Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard 7000
Transceiver says "Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver v2.0"

thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2019 Views 291,550 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I talked with Microsoft today and, yes, the person who answered stated that there are NO replacements for the receiver, and I would have to buy a new set up.  After asking to talk to someone who had some technical knowledge and getting no where, I asked for a supervisor.  I was on hold for several minutes, but I was not going to give up.  Finally a supervisor answered and after explaining that I knew something about computers, he offered to send me a whole new unit, free of charge.  And to top that off, he said he would expidite the order and it would ship to me in 1 - 3 days. 

The number that I called is 800-360-7561, option 2.  Make sure that you ask to talk to a supervisor, as the people that answer haven't a clue.  They just read off of a script.  I hope that this helps someone out there.  Microsoft wants to keep their ccustomers and WILL do what it takes to keep them. 

Have a great day.

709 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.