nv4_disp BSOD

Hi,

I just installed Windows XP on on the working Dell Latitude D800 i recently acquired. Last night i loaded all the drivers with no problems. Today, i start the laptop and when i got to the welcome screen, it was all fuzzy, and blurry. When the desktop loaded it was fuzzy, and kept flashing. Then all of a sudden the screen goes black and the laptop beeps once. Then the BSOD started flashing. The screen was fuzzy and i could barely make it out, but i managed to snap a pic, so i could read what it said.

It reads: "A problem was detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp.

Then it went on and said:  ****STOP: 0x000000E (0782030578,0xB21327A0XF69710B4, 0x00000001)

I can't guarantee that the Stop code is accurate because some of the letters were blurred.

I rebooted it, and it hung on a black screen. I actually got it to boot into safe mode. When i was done in safe mode i rebooted, and it loaded the desktop just fine and the screen wasn't blurry.

I have a guess this was caused by the display driver or video card.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:
Thanks for all the help!
Windows XP is still the best.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.