Monitor not displaying correctly in Windows XP sp3

Original Title: Windows xp sp3 not  working properly

Hello, I'm not sure whether this question belongs to hardware division of forum. I have an old system that have windows xp sp3. It was working fine until couple week but after some days when i switched it on the screen is not displaying correctly.

All colors is displaying randomly like a patch on screen and alternate letters in a sentence is missing. I tried safe mode, debugging mode with visible sentence but it is not getting into log on screen. I cannot even reinstall windows xp. Now I'm not able to understand whether it is the problem of OS or malfunction of some computer component. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2020 Views 212 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Method 1:

I would suggest you to boot the computer using the VGA Mode.

a)      Restart the computer

b)      Press F8

c)      On the advanced boot menu

d)      Choose the option

e)      Enable VGA Mode

This option starts Windows in 640 x 480 mode by using the current video driver (not Vga.sys). This mode is useful if the display is configured for a setting that the monitor cannot display.

Refer:

To start the computer in safe mode

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx?mfr=true

Method 2:

If you are able to start the computer using the VGA Mode, then you may perform a system restore to the date when the computer worked fine.

How to restore Windows XP to a previous state

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

If you use System Restore when the computer is in safe mode, you cannot undo the restore operation. However, you can run System Restore again and choose a different restore point if one exists. You also cannot create System Restore points in Safe Mode. System Restore affects Windows system files, programs, and registry settings which were changed recently. It can also make changes to scripts, batch files, and other types of executable files on your computer. System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file.

If the issue still persists, then you may have to contact the monitor manufacturer for support.

Rohit Chettri
Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.