IEEE 1394 performance issue Windows XP SP3 Adobe Premiere 6.0

I'm trying to capture video using Adobe Premiere 6.0.  When I had Win2K installed it worked fine.  I upgraded to Windows XP SP3 and Premiere stopped working correctly.  Did a clean install of Matrox RT2500 - this is the capture/video card I purchased with the Adobe Premiere kit - according to instructions, as well as Premiere - including update to 6.01.  Now when I connect my Sony DCRTRV520 camcorder via IEEE1394 firewire and try to capture video from Hi8 I've recorded, it will only record a few frames and then stops.  Matrox video tools say the IEEE 1394 device has stopped working.  Premiere's capture options indicate the camcorder is not recognized.

I found a forum which indicated that the issue was with XP sp3 drivers for the Texas Instrument OHCI 1394 device - indicating that sp2 and sp3 downgraded the performance of the 1394 device to a speed of S100.  I found a knowledge base article saying MS was aware of the issue and finally got that download to work (KB885222)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/0/6/906f2f67-39c4-48bc-8558-86833d4cbc16/WindowsXP-KB885222-v2-x86-ENU.exe

it won't actually install on the PC as I'm running SP3 not SP2.  This is really frustrating since the entire system worked great in windows 2000. Even worse since I have a lot of old video - not stored on DVD or made into movies which I was hoping to work on for presents for family members this Christmas.

Anyone know of another download - hotfix - or the like which will fix this issue?

Answer
Answer

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community Forums. I would suggest you to post this question in this forum for better assistance.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/windowsxpitpro

Regards,
Anil

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 20, 2018 Views 333 Applies to: