error message failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

I am using an XP S3 operating system and I get the following error message: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) after I uninstall Skype and try to install the latest version of Skype and the Skype app will no open.  How do I resolve this issue?

Question Info

Last updated November 6, 2019 Views 1,458 Applies to:
I am using an XP SP2 operating system and I get the following error message: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) after I uninstall Skype and try to install the latest version of Skype and the Skype app will no open.  How do I resolve this issue?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using an XP SP2 operating system and I get the following error message: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) after I uninstall Skype and try to install the latest version of Skype and the Skype app will no open.  How do I resolve this issue?

Hi Ian,

You need to install Service Pack 3 which you can get from here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2497281/en-gb

After you install it, download the latest Windows Update Agent, link near the foot of the article.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am using an XP S3 operating system and I get the following error message: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) after I uninstall Skype and try to install the latest version of Skype and the Skype app will no open.  How do I resolve this issue?

Hi Eddie,

If you have SP3 installed already which usually resolves this error, then try installing the latest Windows Update Agent: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104/en-gb

Sorry this didn't help.

Estoy utilizando sin SP2 Operativo Sistema XP y me Sale el siguiente Mensaje de error: No se Pudo Obtener la Dirección proc párr GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) tras EMPRESAS Desinstalar Skype y trato de Instalar La última version de Skype y la Aplicación de Skype Hara Ninguna abierta . ¿CoMo sí puedo Solucionar Este Problema?

De Hola Ian, el usted Tendra Que Instalar el Service Pack 3 Que Se Puede Obtener un partir de here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2497281/en-gbDespues de instalarlo, descargue La última Agente de Windows Update, Vínculo se Cerca de Los pasteles del articulo.

lo intentare. gracias

Sorry this didn't help.