error code 2732

I recently installed HP printer software for officejet pro 8500 wireless. Everything loaded and in fact the printer works wirelessly just fine. I followed the setup instructions that came with the product and at the end was informed I had done everything properly. I used the media  that came with the product. The problem is that the HP solution center does not install properly. I have the folder but when I try to run it i get the error message-"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2732."  I contacted HP tech support and they uninstalled the program. They loaded a full featured version.  They took over my computer and after two hours of them working on it we called it a night. They tried another installer for a different model and were unsuccessful. They tried to retrieve the specific solution center file and it still did not work. I have the 697KB SolutionCenter Windows Installer package file but it will not open. I was a bit perplexed that even HP could not get solution center to work. Everything else seems to be just fine.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2019 Views 5,882 Applies to:
Did you figure this out yet?  If not, I was able to fix it.  It's a long answer, so I'll wait for your reply if you need help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a similar problem.  Have both a 309a an an older 3200 HP multi function printers. 3 computers: Desktop isrunning Win7 Pro 64, Laptop Win7 Home 32.  3rd is wife's and not involved.  The printers are on a home net.  All was working fine, I use HP solution center mainly to scan items to a PDF file using my desktop.

Last week I installed an update for Solution Center. After that it stopped working. Using the 309 software CD I tried reinstalling.  The CD informed me that there was a newer version already installed, just connect the printer.  The printers are connected and work fine.  I uninstalled the Solution Center and tried again.  Same.  I then tried to install the Solution Center by itself using the msi file and keep getting the error code 2732 result. 

All this time the laptop Solution Center works fine.  (I'm not going to do any update on it).  Since my only problem is scanning using the Sol Cntr, I'm not ready yet to remove all HP and install again.  Very disturbed that an HP update seems to be the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bud

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, and can't fix it. What's your secret?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE help me, lol....I am lost been at this for days.  I get the same error, can print and copy, no scanning, etc. with my new hp all in one.  It gives me the error 2732 when I try to install the scanning capabilities off the hp install disk itself.  I also have no "solutions center" and there again, won't install off the cd.  Can you help me....

Sorry this didn't help.

I like to have the answer to. I have the same problem and i am soon getting crazy. I have tryed everything. Please help!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

JaviTheITGuy,

Can you pls post the fix of it?

Thank you!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Please post the answer to this if you have one. I am having the same troubles as all the rest seem to be!

Sorry this didn't help.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/156898117709854/

Stop doig this please. If I have to surf through all this garbage to get an answer only not to find one it costs my customers way extra money. We are all hoping for an answer. Only answer if you have an answer. Otherwise, keep surfing for one.

Sorry this didn't help.

How did you do it?  Please post an anwser!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally just threw ANOTHR HP Printer in trash barrel....problem fixed!

Sorry this didn't help.