C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe popups on startup.

Every time I startup, two Windows Security Warnings  popup asking whether or not to Run C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe. It doesn't appear to matter whether I press Run or Cancel, they then go away until next time I start up, but it is rather annoying. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help! :)

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2018 Views 194,603 Applies to:
Answer
C:\Windows\System32 is a correct folder for igfxtray.exe and it is a legimate process of Intel® Common User Interface. It is not required to run at start up. Quick access to the control panel via a System Tray icon for graphics based upon the Intel chipsets (ie, i810). These chipsets are often included on motherboards. Available via Start -> Settings -> Control Panel. Just allow you Windows Security run this process. 

99 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
This is the taskbar process for your Intel Graphics Accelerator.  It is not spyware, malware or a virus.  I would not remove the file.  You might check your security software, determine how to let it know a program is safe and do that for igftray.exe....
Vote if this is helpful.  Click Mark or Propose As Answer if this answers your question.  It will help others find the answer in the future.

73 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.