Computer Management- Event Viewer-Application, showing "error and warning" what is the right solution,and when I `m downloading its taking long long time

error and warning

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2019 Views 2,130 Applies to:
error and warning

There are many different errors and warnings that show up in Event Viewer.  Most can be safely ignored.

Double-click on any entry of concern to you to open the Event Properties screen.  Then click on the 2-page icon just below the up/down arrows to copy the information to the clipboard.  Finally, paste the information into a question here.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 4
Source: ACPI
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ACPI_ERR_AMLI_ILLEGAL_IO_READ_FATAL
Message: %2: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (%3), which lies in the %4 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

Other than the message in Event Viewer, are you having any problems relating to this?

Do you have any third-party hardware monitoring applications installed, including UPS software?

As near as I can determine, this error is caused by the way certain BIOS code interacts with XP.  It may usually be ignored, but can possibly be fixed with a BIOS update.  See, for example, this Compaq advisory: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01196916

Updating the BIOS is not a task for everyone.  The best thing for you to do is to contact the manufacturer of your computer and ask if a BIOS update is needed and if so how to do it.
-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator

Sorry this didn't help.

error and warning
I have just received a call from a company called systweak.com that showed me on my computer in the Computer Managment Viewer - Application area 36 warnings and 65 errors for which the rep said was due to a virus on my computer.

He then said you cannot right click and delete these warnings or errors because I have more than 10 of them and a virus has infiltrated my system. 

This company claims to be a windows support company affiliated with Microsoft. 

I said I have to research this myself and chose not to go any further with the company.  

Are these warnings and errors due to a virus and if so what do I need to do to get rid of them?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have just received a call from a company called systweak.com that showed me on my computer in the Computer Managment Viewer - Application area 36 warnings and 65 errors for which the rep said was due to a virus on my computer.

He then said you cannot right click and delete these warnings or errors because I have more than 10 of them and a virus has infiltrated my system. 

This company claims to be a windows support company affiliated with Microsoft. 

I said I have to research this myself and chose not to go any further with the company.  

Are these warnings and errors due to a virus and if so what do I need to do to get rid of them?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Michael Sage

As a general rule, please on't add on to old threads.  Ask your own question.

However, as long as you're here ...

Having the "mark" look at Event Viewer is a very common ploy for these telephone scammers.  As I wrote back in February 2011, there are many different errors and warnings that show up in Event Viewer.  Many of these messages are more informational than anything else, and most of them can safely be ignored. 

Still, it sounds impressive when a caller says, "Look in Event Viewer and tell me if you see the following:"

ERROR -- Event ID 10010 The server {long, impressive number} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout
or
ERROR - Source: Browser - EventID 8032. The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport, etc., etc.

"OMG," you say, "How could he know that? My computer must really be infected!"

Such errors commonly appear in Windows computers.  They are not indicative of a virus or other malware.

Reputable companies do NOT call you out of the blue and tell you that they know your computer has a virus and they will be happy to help (for a price).  Microsoft in particular does NOT ever make unsolicited phone calls.

You were correct to hang up.

If you have a question about any entry in Event Viewer, double-click on the entry in the Application Log or the System Log to bring up the event's "Properties" page.  Click on the icon just below the up/down arrows.  This will copy the entire text to the clipboard.  Open a question here and then Paste (CTRL+V) the data into your question. 

Give your question a meaningful subject, and don't forget to include things such as your version of Windows, including service pack, the name and version of your antivirus program, and any other details that might be pertinent.  The more information you supply, the faster you're likely to get a helpful response.  See, for example, How to ask a question .

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator

Sorry this didn't help.

error and warning

There are many different errors and warnings that show up in Event Viewer.  Most can be safely ignored.

Double-click on any entry of concern to you to open the Event Properties screen.  Then click on the 2-page icon just below the up/down arrows to copy the information to the clipboard.  Finally, paste the information into a question here.

I have a Windows 8 pc computer , what is the difference between errors and warnings?  And how do I fix them?

Sorry this didn't help.