Question

Q: Windows cannot find C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe This thread is locked from future replies

Hi

Can anyone help me, i am trying to open files and folders and all i keep getting is Windows cannot find C;\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe, and so stopping me gaining access. I have been told that i could find the file on another computer paste it to my memory stick and reapply it, only problem i have there is i dont know where its located. I am on windows XP.

Many Thanks

Answer

A:

hello friends i had the same problem ,  firstly my desktop icon was not working.. if i try to open any application a messege always apper     ''open with" a list of programm... when i try to open control pannel .. control pannel open but when i try to open add/ remove programm error appear c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe application not found... . i was trying to solve this problem . i spent lots of time even 4 day. i have tried all the solution provided by this forum but none of these worked 4 me... now i have got  solution from this situation . my computer works perfectly... if u have same situation.
try
firstly u  scan ur system with a good antiviruse... if this situation apper after xp gurdian 2010 viruse aatack. or xp antiviruse 2010 attack..then download a file" exe file association fix" of 1kb from this linkhttp://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
after downloading this run this file. always press yess  whilie run complet..  i hope ur system will work perfectly as mine...sorry for bad english

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

81 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

"open with" problem
 for those who afraid to download the "file assosiation fix" file from link propsed by me..... just use a internet cafe and download this file in a pen drive or memory card and come to ypur pc .. just install or run the reg file  and i think u will happy  to see ur computer working perfectly..sorry for bad english..

warm regard to all member

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

29 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 515,236 Last updated: April 16, 2018 Applies to: