Why don't I have Folder Options in Tools?

I have deleted Roxio from my PC but I still have 7 "tentacles" in Add or Remove Programs which no matter what I try I cannot remove.  A Roxio Customer Care Rep gave me instructions via email which include [From the Windows Explorer window, Select Tools--> Folder Options. * Select the View tab.]  I opened Tools and do not have Folder Options.  I searched Google for assistance and the instructions given are ineffective in enabling Folder Options.  Is there anyone here who has instructions that work for enabling Folder Options under Tools with the rest of the options under Folder Options?  I don't have a virus as I can access the Registry but I follow only instructions I have printed as I'm not a PC techie and am careful when dealing with the Registry.  I have followed some instructions for removing the Roxio "tentacles" but they've been ineffective.  Now I can't continue with the instructions I've been given by Roxio because they include Folder Options and I can't access it.  Someone help, PLEASE!
Answer
Answer

Hi EdwardLopez,

You can also access folder options from Start -> Settings -> Control Panel.

In Addition to Bruce Hagen's post, You can also enable folder option under tools menu by following method:

Click on Start -> Run & Type -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Explorer => On Right side locate => Removes the Folder Options menu from the Tools Menu -> Double click it and select Disable.

Click ok on all the screens and restart your pc.

Hope this helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2021 Views 3,454 Applies to: