Question

Q: system restore -restoration incomplete -- your computer cannot be restored

Original title: system restore

My System Restore will not restore. Always get window stating "restoration incomplete  -- your computer cannot be restored."

This happens no matter what checkpoint I try to go to.

Answer

A:

Try going into safe mode and restore from there. To load Windows in safe mode, start your PC and tap the F8 key repeatedly before Windows starts loading. You should get to a screen where you can select safe mode.
"kapekodkid" <=?utf-8?B?a2FwZWtvZGtpZA==?=> wrote in message news:c48c0803-25b4-491f-9f0b-6435ba7b7189...

My System Restore will not restore. Always get window stating "restoration incomplete  -- your computer cannot be restored."

This happens no matter what checkpoint I try to go to.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

11 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

sometimes antivirus programs prevent any attempt to alter the system even via system restore.

ironically, some anti virus programs will destabilze or even crash the os if they are forced to be altered via system restore.

my suggestion is to execute a clean boot of xp and see if your system stabilizes overall.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

db·´¯`·...¸> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - @Hotmail.com "share the nirvana mann" - dbZen ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > >
Status - Off line

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 8,994 Last updated: April 21, 2018 Applies to: