Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error when I try to open PDF files

Original Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

I am getting a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error when I try to open PDF files. I tried to locate this application in C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.ex  but cannot locate it. How to I fix this problem?

This error has only began in the last month. When I try to open sites that have PDF files, it flashes a warning then, goes in to a loop trying to restore. How do you fix this error?

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Brent,

1. Is the issue specific to PDF files?

2. Have you made any recent hardware or software changes to your computer prior to the issue?

3. Which PDF file are you trying to open?

Please follow the methods:

Method 1:

You need to perform a Clean Boot to prevent any conflicting third party applications from interfering with the computer.

To place the computer in a Clean Boot state, you need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below and check with the issue.

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Note: You need to follow Step 4 from the article mentioned above to get the computer back to Normal Startup after performing all the steps.

Method 2:

To fix Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error:

a. Exit all programs. This includes Internet Explorer.

b. Click on the "Start" button on the lower-left side of the screen. From the Start menu, select "Run."
c. In the "Run" window, type in "inetcpl.cpl."

d. From the "Internet Options" window, select the "Advanced" tab. Under the "Reset Internet Explorer settings" section, click "Reset" twice.

e. Click "Close" in the "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" window that appears.

Hope this helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2020 Views 10,298 Applies to: