Windows XP - How to type in Hebrew?

original title: Hebrew Language with US keyboard?

I am confused. Yesterday I installed the Language Bar on my Win XP system. I normally use English and want to enter Hebrew words and some Greek too. So when I installed the Language Bar, I also installed Greek and Hebrew, and in the process, (I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I got two keyboard options under the Hebrew Language, one for Hebrew and the other for US. So after trying it out, I realized that the Hebrew keyboard has all it's letters in different places from my US keyboard. So when I push an A I get a Shin, etc. So I thought I would try the US keyboard for the Hebrew language, but I no longer got Hebrew letters at all.

First Q: what is the US keyboard good for under the Hebrew Language. And how is that different from just using the English US keyboard.

Second Q: How do I get it so that when I push A I get an Aleph, B for Beit, G for Gimmel? Wouldn't that be what one would expect with a "US keyboard" under the Hebrew Language?
(And of course Tet, Tsade and finals, etc. will be some other keys like J and X etc.)

Answer
Answer
[Solved]
I have found and installed "Keyman Desktop" by Tauvaltesoft.
They have a Hebrew keyboard mapped the way I want.
It gives many options for language and keyboard support.
 - Clickable resizable on screen keyboard. Can be turned off.
 - Regular keyboard is remapped as selected.
 - Character map display.
 - Display of all available fonts supporting a selected language.
 - Language / Keyboard download.
 - Can co-exist with Microsoft Language Bar
     - Does not always stay in sinc with it (but I have not tried many combinations yet)
Start with a free 30 day trial.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2019 Views 815 Applies to: