Language bar and Keyboard issue after installing Office 2003 on Windows XP

I have Windows XP SP3 installed on my laptop. I installed MS Office 2003 on it. After opening the language bar tried to change the keyboard map. Tried the Bengali map for testing as i couldn't find the Urdu map for which i was looking for. Than removed the bengali map. Downloaded Urdu font in Windows Font directory. Afterward my system started to type the character "-" automatcially in any text input area. After reading through forums i remove the voice recognition CTFMON stuff. Office also un-installed from the sytem. However now the Key "-" is not working. Kindly guide me what might be the problem.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

· To clarify, did you select a different keyboard layout, or font?

· Does the issue occur  only in Office application?

· Did removing voice recognition solve the key being repeated or is it still a concern?

Try unplugging the keyboard and see if the issue still persists. If the problem goes away while the keyboard is unplugged, verify the key isn’t stuck.

If the issue still persists, check the behavior by booting the computer in clean boot state. You may refer the below link on how to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

If the issue does not persist you may continue with step 2 from the above link. Make sure you reset the computer to normal mode after the troubleshooting completes. Refer the section “Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal startup state

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 4, 2019 Views 70 Applies to: