I cannot set my desktop background with a picture off of Windows Live Photo gallery.

I am currently using Windows XP sp3, and whenbever I try to set my desktop background with a picture from Windows Live Photo Gallery the picture will be there for a couple of minutes then goes to  blue screen. I cannot change it to any other picture from the available ones or set it to any other picture from the photo gallery.  I have tried doing a system restore and my old desktop picrure will be there but whenever I try to change to a different one the same thing happens. Is there anyone that cn offer a solution to this problem?????

Answer
Answer
I had the same issue and just figured it out. The picture needs to be saved in the "My Pictures" folder. Right-click your screen and go down to "properties" from there hit the "Desktop" tab and click on the "Browse" button and select your picture from the menu. After you've done that click on the "Settings" tab and click the "Advanced" button, that will bring up a new window, under the "Compatability section, select the "Restart the computer before applying the new display settings" option. Then hit apply and your picture should come up as your background.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 660 Applies to: