Question

How do I remove photos that popped into my display on control panel when I transferred them from my camera to my Kodak file?

Rosemary 80 asked on
I transferred photos from my camera into my computer and my Kodak file.  Upon changing my desktop picture I noticed these pictures were included in desktop with numbers instead of pictures.  When I clicked on the number, it displayed a photo.  Now I cannot delete or remove these numbers from the display of desktop in Control Panel on my computer.
Rosemary 80
1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Debleena S replied on

Hi Rosemary 75,

Do you receive any error message when you try to delete them?

You may boot the computer into ‘safe mode’ and try to delete the files. It will start Windows XP with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs do not run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed, follow the steps to boot the computer in safe mode:

a. Restart the computer.

b. Start tapping F8 key.

c. You will get advanced boot option window.

d. Select the option “Safe mode”.

For more information, refer this link:

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP

Method 2

You may grant permissions to the file. Thereafter, check if the issue persists:

i. Right click on the files and select “Properties” from Context Menu.

ii. Click on Edit button in Properties windows Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.

iii. Select user/group from permission windows or click Add to add other user or group.

iv. Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions to Administrators group.

v. Click Ok for changes to take effect and click ok final ok to exit from Properties window.

Hope the information helps.
Please post back and let us know.

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress