update KB2446708 keeps repeating after installation - Security update for the .NET Framework 4

After I install update KB 2446708 it keeps telling me to install it.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 12,083 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
 Hi there: I had exact same problem...What to do is download dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip from here..  http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip       Unzip files and run tool and select to remove .NET Framework 4 (there is a drop window asking which .NET Framework you wish to remove,make sure you select .NET Framework 4.)..This tool will safely remove client profile part of .NET Framework 4. You will not be able to remove it by using add/remove programmes as normal because it has become corrupt.Once tool has removed files restart computer and check windows update.You should find .NET Framework 4  client profile offered as an update (KB982670).Download and install this..Restart computer again and run windows update.You should be offered the problem KB2446708 as a high priority update.Install this and it should be fine, you shouldn't see it reappear again as before. Best of luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.