windows wont open .torrent files in any torrent program

hello there.i am having problems trying to download .torrent files.i am on vista home premium.i have utorrent.everey time i attempt to download any torrent file i get a window asking which program i wish to open it with.i choose utorrent in my computers program files and thats as far as i get.i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail.any advice would be very appreciated
Answer
Answer

Hi veneciangold,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

Please try to uninstall and re-install the program again to resolve the issue.

You can use Programs and Features to uninstall programs or to change the program's configuration by adding or removing certain options.

1.    Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.

2.    Select a program, and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it. but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

For more information visit the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Uninstall-or-change-a-program

Download the program again and then install it.

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,

Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2020 Views 6,811 Applies to: