Windows Vista, won't let me install software! What do I need to do...

Hello, I have a couple of programs which Windows Vista would not allow me to install... What do I need to do in order to do so? It ( Windows Vista ) it's like blocking the installation of whatever program/software that I am trying to install. I have even tried installing the softwares ( more than one ), using the administrator permission and nothing I do will let me do it. Can someone please tell me how to overcome/ by pass this problem; this blocking by Vista?
Thanks!!

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2018 Views 77,403 Applies to:
Answer

Hello mindHealer,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Answers Forum.  What are the names of the software you are trying to install?  Is this computer on a Domain Network?  Assuming that this computer is not on a Domain Network and subject to network administrators policies that prevent installation of software you can try the following suggestions.

Turn off UAC (User Account Control).  Click on Start, Control Panel, click User Accounts, click User Accounts again, click “Turn turn User Account Control On or Off”.  Take the check mark out of the box next to “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer.  Reboot the computer and try and install the program.

If you still can’t get the program to install try right clicking on the program’s install executable and click “Run as Administrator” to launch the install.

If you still aren’t successful, read this Microsoft Knowledge Base article about common Windows Installer Problems and try the steps listed in it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175

If you still are unsuccessful, include any error messages and a detailed description of what happens when the install fails in your reply.

Thanks,

Jack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Jack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us k

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.