Windows Mail Contacts

How do you show the contacts in the same screen as the list of folders?
Answer
Answer
Hello svmousemom,

Thank you for using Microsoft Windows Vista Forums.

Sorry you are having this issue.  I put in bold the answer below.  Looks as of right now you are unable to view on the same page of Windows Mail.  I also was trying to do this when I read your post!  But was unsuccessful.  Thanks!

http://windowslive.com/Connect/Post/1784a79e-84f0-46de-89d2-cc3461e508ba

Windows Live Mail Contacts interface

Contacts

To access your contact data, you must be signed into Windows Live (Windows Live ID required), this allows you to utilize the same Contact List available in your Hotmail Contacts to see who is online and sync with your Windows Live Calendar. The interface integrates heavily with your Windows Live Messenger contact list, so, dependency on it for me is not recommended, since I don’t have my entire address list stored in there, a unified data store would really come in handy here. Windows Live Contacts supports all of the standard features you would find in Windows Contacts explorer such as creating Groups, organization, sharing and printing. You can import your contact database from a number of formats including .WAB, .VCF, Outlook Address Book and .CSV, it supports exporting in .VCF and .CSV. The only drawback, it’s not integrated into the Windows Live Mail interface, opening a separate window instead. Also, it would have been nice to have synchronization between the Windows Contacts and Windows Live Contacts list instead of keeping two separate databases.

James Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 865 Applies to: