Why do I receive a message to Install IQ Updater W3i, LLC

I received a pop-up window that said: InstallIQ Updater W3i, LLC.  When I tried to install it, I received this "Error Window," stating:

There is not enough space in folder:\\?\[AppDataFolder]W3i,LLC\Install Updater\install

Please free some space and press Retry or press cancel to Abort the installation.

Do any of you highly knowledgeable computer users know what this IQ Updater W3i, LLC is all about.  I never asked  for it, and why do I need to install it? And how do I find the AppDataFolder?  I thank y'all in advance for any assistance you may offer.

Valhala 

Question Info

Last updated February 3, 2019 Views 51,045 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hey, sounds like you're off to a good start removing it. I'm familiar with the software. It's actually something installed when you click "Accept" for any application installed using "InstallIQ". It seems that W3i (the publisher) uses InstallIQ Updater to manage software installed by InstallIQ (their support team tells you this when you email). I looked on TRUSTe and they are TRUSTe certified. (See Link) My guess is that reputationally, they have some issues, but from what I have read, they appear to be an OK company. 

As far as removing it, I was able to uninstall through the Programs and Features in my Vista. If that doesn't work, use the F8 trick that Walter mentioned to boot to safe mode and rip it out of the program files by manually deleting it. 

Quick note: you can access your app data and program files from the start menu/run command. Just type %appdata% or %programfiles%. That goes to where ever your computer considers each folder. 

Hey, hope that helps. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

hi

it would appear to be adware

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7898673_install-iq-updater.html

also the marketing company W3i that releases it would appear to be connected with and release Freeze.com screensavers which contains  Spyware

download update and scan with the free version of malwarebytes anti-malware

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

you could also download and run rkill to stop the problem process before downloading and scanning with malwarebytes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/rkill

if it does not remove the problem and or work correctly in normal mode do the above work in safe mode with networking  

Windows Vista

Using the F8 Method:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. When the computer starts you will see your computer's hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently tap theF8 key repeatedly until you are presented with theWindows Vista Advanced Boot Options.
  3. Select the Safe Mode with Networking option using the arrow keys.
  4. Then press the enter key on your keyboard to boot into Vista Safe Mode.
  5. When Windows starts you will be at a typical logon screen. Logon to your computer and Vista will enter Safe mode.
  6. Do whatever tasks you require, and when you are done, reboot to go back into normal mode.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.