Uninstaller fails with message <Internal Error - Cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller

Computer = Sony Viao running  Vista SP 2. Windows Uninstaller believed to be corrupted when attempt to uninstall program 'Adobe Air' (which is reported <damaged> on start-up). The Un/installer seems frozen in an unfinished task. Attempts to install a program displays <Wait for current task to complete>.. Microsoft FixIt for Installer problems failed to resolve this one. So what is a utCompiledCode ? and can the Installer itself be re-installed/updated ? Want to avoid System Restore because of recently resolved h/ware driver issues.

Hey Johnwarrell,

You can try using this free program. I'm not sure if it can uninstall your program but it it finds it and if you are able to uninstall it it can even erase the files that can't be deleted by windows. I guess there is no need to repair or reinstall Windows Installer.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-professional-version.php

Good luck!

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rajesh
Many thanks for help - have run Revo uninstaller. It certainly works deleting all relevant regisytry entries but unfortunately the hidden bullet remains (utCompiledCode). Might be a dll file thats corrupted, thats another ball game. Seems other users have this, I'm browsing for poss clues, who knows?
I'll post a solution, if and when. Regards, johnw.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2024 Views 5,212 Applies to: