This webpage could not be saved.

I noticed lately that I could no longer save any webpage via Internet Explorer 7. I thought it had something to do with the release of the new version, IE 8. Eventually, I installed IE 8 thinking that the problem might be resolved but whenever I try to save a webpage, this "This webpage could not be saved." message always appears. I also recall that it used to be something like "this webpage could not be saved because one of the files is missing" or the like when I still had IE 7 on. I tried saving .mhtml using another browser, and it didn't have any problem.

What could be the problem then? Could it be that my computer has been infected with a malware/virus, etc? Or could it only be a setting that I need to change (but i doubt it)?

How can I resolve this problem? (I really prefer IE 7 or 8 over other browsers).

help me please.. thanks ^_^

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2018 Views 8,301 Applies to:
Answer

Hello D30,

Thank you for posting your question to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

1) Uninstall IE8 since you were still exhibiting the same issue as with IE7. 

2) Check to see if you have Add-ons enabled. If you do, then try with Add-Ons disabled.
    Go to IE, then click on Tools, then click on Manage Add-Ons, this will show whether Add-Ons are enabled or disabled. To temporarily disable all add-ons:
Click the Start button , click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

3) If you are still not able to save, do you have User Account Control (UAC) enabled?
If you disable UAC, are you able to save a web page?
To disable UAC, go to Start, Control Panel, Security Center, Choose Other Security Settings.
Expand the arrow to the right side and you can see User Account Control. If it is on, turn off and
try again to save a page.

4) Go to Safe Mode with Networking and see if you can save a page. If so, then another program or software is interferring and not allowing you to save a IE page. 

- Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the boot menu.
- When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter. 
- Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with the Administrator privileges.

NOTE: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary. To return the system back to Normal Mode, we can simply restart the computer.

Please reply back and let us know if these steps helped with your issue or if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Marilyn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.