RunDLL Error message at startup

Error message comes up at every startup as follows:

Error loading C:\Windows\system32\rqrqRJdA.dll

The specified module could not be found.

Any clues what could be causing this?

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2018 Views 11,577 Applies to:

It would appear that you are, or have been, infected with Malware.

Download, install, update and scan with each of the two programs below to check for/remove Malware/spyware.

If necessary, do all the above work in Safe Mode with Networking.

To get into Safe Mode with Networking, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow key to get to Safe Mode with Networking from list of options, then hit ENTER.

Read all info below before starting:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Malwarebytes is as the name says, a Malware Remover!

Download the Free Version from the link above.

Download, install, update and scan once a fortnight.

How to use Malwarebytes after it is installed:

1. Open Malwarebytes > Click on the Update Tab  across the top> get the latest updates.

2. On the Scanner tab, make sure the Perform full scan option is selected and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer

3. MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can take quite a while.

4. When the scan is finished a message box will appear

5. You should click on the OK button to close the message box and continue with the Malware removal process.

6. You will now be back at the main Scanner screen. At this point you should click on the Show Results button.

7. A screen displaying all the malware that the program found will be shown

8. You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps.

9. When MBAM has finished removing the malware, it will open the scan log and display it in Notepad. Review the log as desired, and then close the Notepad window.

10. You can now exit the MBAM program.

http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6.2 is a very good, FREE Anti-Spyware Program.

Download, install and update it.

Then SCAN with it.

Update it, and scan your System once a fortnight.

Important re: Safe Mode

If you happen to find a problem that you can’t uninstall / delete, reboot the computer, and go into Safe Mode.

To get into Safe Mode, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow key to get to Safe Mode from list of options, then hit ENTER.

RESCAN your computer with your Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes and Spybot S & D while in Safe Mode.

If unable to install above Programs in Normal Mode:

Sometimes Trojans, Viruses, Malware, etc stop you installing and/or updating Programs to remove them.

If that happens, reboot into Safe Mode with Networking (from F8 list of Startup Options), and install, update and scan from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If the problem persists after scanning for Malware, use the Program below to take the left-over Entry out of Startup:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

This utility, which has the most comprehensive knowledge of auto-starting locations of any startup monitor, shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them. These programs include ones in your startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You can configure Autoruns to show other locations, including Explorer shell extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, and much more. Autoruns goes way beyond the MSConfig utility bundled with Windows Me and XP.

Cheers.

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi i read all of your reply because I have the same problem, I did all of the above and the messege is still showing, I even did the Autoruns 3 or 4 times and deleted the same entry , for some reason it reapears. Any thoughs?

I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it detected one infection it says the following:
   Vendor:             Category:                       Items:                                                                                                                                Other:                 
Trojan.Agent      Registry Value      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ziyipiwasa (Trojan.Agent)   Value: ziyipiwasa

so i select the option to delete it and it says the item was succesfully deleted, then i reboot and scan again and it appears again!!!
Can I ever get rid of this!?!?! Please help!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Sebastian00x,

Have you tried to run the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in Safe mode? Sometimes safe mode will help remove the virus when the other failed.

I would try a different anti-virus and anit-spyware to try and remove the trojan. If that doesn't help, you may need to go to a certified computer repair and have them assist you in removing the trojan. You could also try online computer repair as an option. A search on the internet will find ones available.

If you don't want to go that path, you may need to backup your files and programs and reinstall your operating system. Sometimes a reinstall will be the only way to recover your computer successfully.

Good luck in your recovery efforts.
]
Thanks,
Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same rundll errors. Does not the Windows Security Essentials help remove the malware?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello jaimin05,

Have you run a Virus Scanner? It is adviable to use more than one scanner when you think you have a virus. No one program can be relied upon to detect and remove all malware. So it is recommended to run more than one scanner to try and detect infections and trojans. 

There are many free virus scanners available with a search on the internet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello jaimin05,

Have you run a Virus Scanner? It is adviable to use more than one scanner when you think you have a virus. No one program can be relied upon to detect and remove all malware. So it is recommended to run more than one scanner to try and detect infections and trojans. 

There are many free virus scanners available with a search on the internet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Marilyn, I am another one with the Run DLL at startup.  Don't know how it got there and am trying different things to get rid of it.  As we speak, am running my Malware and AVG(not in Safe Mode though), will try that after if this fails.  I don't know how to reinstall to recover my computer.  I am not a computer guru, so just explain what I need to do for that if everything else fails.  I am not going to bring in my system(very last resort).  It is a pain to see that sign at start-up.  Thank you,

Sorry this didn't help.