registry information is invalid or missing. Please reinstall the product__

Remember - This is a public forum so never post private information such as email or phone I have used Adobe Framemaker 8.x on Vista Home Professional for a couple of years. In the last several months, when I try to open the program I get the message "Registry information is invalid or missing. Please reinstall the product."

I purchased this product as an update (to an old Mac program), and as a download. The download disk only allows me to remove, repair, or modify the program. Adobe says that they cannot supply me with a full program disk because mine was a backup--but I never had a Windows program, only Mac but that is another story.

I use the disk to "repair," the program and then it starts but if I close the program, I have to go through the same thing again. I'm not comfortable enough with modifying the registry myself and wonder if there's a way I can download something or can allow somebody to remotely fix it for me.

Answer
Answer

Hi Kirksvillian,

Since there is corruption in the registry, you might have to uninstall Adobe Frame maker using windows cleanup utility and then reinstall the application to resolve the issue. Since the issue is from several months system restore might not be an option.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Bindu S -- Microsoft Support

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2019 Views 1,100 Applies to: