PC-Doctor Module has stopped working but not sure if I have it on my computer. . . . . .

In the last 3-4 days I keep getting an intermitant window popping up the appears to be a "Microsoft Windows" originated in upper left corner of the window saying: "PC-DOCTOR MODULE has stopped working. A prolem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify ou if a solution is available."   Then a "close program" box.  I have search "FIND" to locate a PC-DOCTOR MODULE Program, and can't find one on my system; and "googled" it and came up with some info, but am not sure if it is a genuine source of assistance of a "spyware" scam!   What am I dealing with, something real or something trying to eat me alive in some way?

Question Info

Last updated October 3, 2019 Views 25,468 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

In the last 3-4 days I keep getting an intermitant window popping up the appears to be a "Microsoft Windows" originated in upper left corner of the window saying: "PC-DOCTOR MODULE has stopped working. A prolem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify ou if a solution is available."   Then a "close program" box.  I have search "FIND" to locate a PC-DOCTOR MODULE Program, and can't find one on my system; and "googled" it and came up with some info, but am not sure if it is a genuine source of assistance of a "spyware" scam!   What am I dealing with, something real or something trying to eat me alive in some way?

hey Toccet

to be on the safe side scan for malware

download update and scan with the free version of malwarebytes anti-malware

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

you could also download and run rkill to stop the problem process if it is malware before downloading and scanning with malwarebytes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/rkill

if it does not work in normal mode do the above work in safe mode with networking  

Windows Vista

Using the F8 Method:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. When the computer starts you will see your computer's hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently tap theF8 key repeatedly until you are presented with theWindows Vista Advanced Boot Options.
  3. Select the Safe Mode with Networking option using the arrow keys.
  4. Then press the enter key on your keyboard to boot into Vista Safe Mode.
  5. When Windows starts you will be at a typical logon screen. Logon to your computer and Vista will enter Safe mode.
  6. Do whatever tasks you require, and when you are done, reboot to go back into normal mode.

Walter, The Time Zone Traveller

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.