How do I fix appcrash on my program?

I'm trying to use a program calling Vz in-home agent that Verizon gives you when they give you a router for internet. Every time I try and open in to get it running it brings this up. I made it smaller. And its not only this program. At random times I will get other pop-ups of other programs that crashed that I have no idea of what they are. Please help! Thank you. Oh and I also did what this guy did on this site. http://www.ehow.com/how_5192304_fix-appcrash-errors-computer.html and this too. http://www.winvistatips.com/repair-corrupt-vista-files-t133839.html but nothing worked.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iSupport.exe
Application Version: 4.0.0.6
Application Timestamp: 4b2bb5cd
Fault Module Name: StackHash_27f2
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001143a
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 27f2
Additional Information 2: 325055436168101a578479ab72a66d1a
Additional Information 3: 21e2
Additional Information 4: c8b0deb27397de66dbbb0cb7ca788765

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2018 Views 168,640 Applies to:
Answer

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

First boot into safe mode with networking to see if you have the same issue.

To start your computer in safe mode, you can refer the below link: 

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/323ef48f-7b93-4079-a48a-5c58eec904a11033.mspx

I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check.

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.

2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)

4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.

5. Click OK, and then click Restart.

6. Check if you still have the issue.

Refer the link below for more details:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Reset the computer to start as usual After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:

a.           Click Start , type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

b.            If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

c.             On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.

d.            When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If nothing works, you can try performing a repair install.

To perform an in place upgrade which is also known as a repair install, follow the below steps:

Please make sure you Backup any and all important data before proceeding. Please see: Methods for backing up your files.

Always make sure you have the means to reinstall your programs, either through an install disk or having access to the installation files.

1. Insert the Windows installation disc into your computer's DVD or CD drive. You must start Windows installation while running your existing version of Windows.

2. On the Install Windows page, click Install now.

3. On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You will need an Internet connection to get installation updates.

4. On the Type your product key for activation page, we strongly recommend that you type your 25-character product key to help avoid problems during activation.

5. On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms.

6. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Upgrade to begin the upgrade. You might see a compatibility report.

7. Follow the instructions.

Note: If your installation disk does not include SP1, and you are updated to it, then you will have to uninstall it before performing an upgrade install. Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> View installed updates, then select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows and click Uninstall.

Note: The following settings will be reset to default:

Computer Sound Scheme

Device Drivers

Visual Effects

Windows Mail

Windows Services

If you notice files missing after the upgrade look in the following folders:

C:\Windows.old

C:\$INPLACE.~TR

C:\$WINDOWS.~Q

These files can be cleared with disk cleanup as "Files discarded by Windows upgrade".

Delete files using Disk Cleanup

Regards,

Savan – Microsoft Support.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.