• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

Font 'Tahoma' does not support style 'Regular

Legendx asked on
when i try to open the programme vodafone mobile connect it says programme error!
font 'tahoma' does not support style 'regular' and the programme doesnt open... i also recently installed the game crysis and whewn i try open the game it also gives a programme a error saying that font 'verdana' does not support style 'regular' unable to convert 'verdana', 8.25pt from string property 'font normal' im not sure i think it has something to do with the font style regular but i have no idea what to do...can somebody plz help me..
13 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Ajay K replied on

Hi Legendx,

a)    Do you recall making any changes to the computer before this happened?

b)    Does this happen with other programs as well?

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

1.    Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

2.    See if you have Tahoma and verdana’ in there.

3.    Make sure that both Tahoma Regular and Tahoma Bold (also veranda regular\bold) are there.

Uninstall font

Select the fonts (which are causing problem) On the File menu, click Delete.

If you don’t see the File menu, press ALT.

Install or uninstall fonts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Install-or-uninstall-fonts

You may search online for fonts that you deleted, download and install them.

Note: Before you download a font, make sure you trust the source.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:  Run SFC (system file checker) scan

The system file checker (SFC) utility allows administrators to perform a scan of all protected resources to verify that they are the correct version. If SFC should find any incorrect versions in any of these protected resources, SFC will replace them with the correct versions.

You can always run a SFC scan on the windows vista computer. To run a SFC scan follow the steps below:

a)    Click on start and in the start search bar type cmd, right click on the command prompt icon in the programs area and then click on run as administrator.

b)    At the command prompt type sfc /scannow and then press enter.

For more information, see the link below

Troubleshoot font problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-font-problems

Thanks and Regards:

Ajay K

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress