Explorer Has Caused An Error In Kernel32.dll

Okay... I recently had installed Vista Ultimate Upgrade over an existing factory install of Home Premium.  I don't know if this issue occured prior to the upgrade or not, as I dual boot Vista and XP.  Understably, I tend to use XP ninety percent of the time.  Anyway, if I explore folders using Windows File Explorer or Powerdesk I keep getting "Explorer Has Caused An Error In Kernel32.dll" on right click of ANY files.  I also get an error when choosing the "Device Manger" shortcut from the system window.  But, I can open Device Manager from the Control Panel list.  I've researched to my heart's content.  I can't for the life of me get any resolve to this issue.  HELP!!!  Please. If any more info is required I will comply.  Thank you.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.6001.18164, time stamp 0x4907e242, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a76d, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00048f47, process id 0x1168, application start time 0x01c96c1e3f92be10.

Question Info

Last updated June 26, 2018 Views 3,606 Applies to:
Answer
might be some system files problem try this :

click on run in start menu, if you dont have run there.. try pressing winkey + R and type SFC / SCANNOW ( you will have to insert your windows cd/dvd in the drive)
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional since 2007 www.thecomputernext.com
www.troubleshootwindows.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.