Error when installing DirectX 9c: An internal system error occurred.

original title: Error when installing DirectX 9c: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine the problem."

Hello, I am trying to install DirectX 9 on my PC and I am getting the error:

"An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine the problem."

This is my DXError.log

--------------------

[03/08/10 21:05:15] module: infinst(Jul 20 2007), file: infinst.cpp, line: 635, function: CabCallback

Error: (15100) - Le chargeur de ressources n’a pas pu trouver le fichier MUI.

File in process: C:\Users\Kenneth\AppData\Local\Temp\DXF94E.tmp\D3DCompiler_35.dll

Unable to copy C:\Users\Kenneth\AppData\Local\Temp\DXF94E.tmp\D3DCompiler_35.dll.

--------------------

[03/08/10 21:05:15] module: infinst(Jul 20 2007), file: infinst.cpp, line: 730, function: ExecuteInf

Failed API: SetupInstallFromInfSection()

Error: (183) - Impossible de créer un fichier déjà existant.

Unable to install C:\Users\Kenneth\AppData\Local\Temp\DXF94E.tmp\d3dx10_35_x64.inf:[DefaultInstall]. The file may be damaged.

--------------------

[03/08/10 21:05:15] module: infinst(Jul 20 2007), file: infinst.cpp, line: 792, function: WinMain

ExecuteInf() failed.

I have Windows 7 64 bit

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 67,838 Applies to:
Answer

Hi kenneth.pino,

Let’s try these steps and check if it helps.

Method 1
A) You may run disk cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files & temporary files.

Delete files using Disk Cleanup
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Delete-files-using-Disk-Cleanup

B) Then try to install DirectX 9c.

Method 2
You may also perform clean boot and try to install DirectX 9c. Clean boot will start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs and helps to eliminate software conflicts.

Note: Please ensure that the computer is set to start as usual by following the step 7 from the article: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows7:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135.

Note: Windows 7 comes preloaded with DirectX 12 and it’s not a mandate to install DirectX 9.

Hope the information helps. Please post back and let us know.

Regards
Debleena S
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.