Question

Q: Error "npptools.dll missing" when installing a diagnostic tool. This thread is locked from future replies

Original Title: npptools

Hi,

I purchased a diagnostic tool online after installing, when tring torun the program , the mesage "npptools.dll missing" is displayed, pls advise.

Thanks

Answer

A:

Hi Raymicrocom,

-Which diagnostic tool are you referring to?

There are several different ways that npptools.dll errors can show up on your computer.

Here are some of the more common ways that you might see npptools.dll errors:

"Npptools.dll Not Found".

“This application failed to start because npptools.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

"Cannot find [PATH]\npptools.dll"

"The file npptools.dll is missing."

Npptools.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the npptools DLL file.

In some cases, npptools.dll errors could indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware issue or even a hardware failure.

If you are looking for a specific version of this file from an external source, I would suggest you not to do that.

You should not download the missing or corrupted dll files from "DLL download" websites. There are several reasons why downloading a DLL file is a bad idea.

If you need a copy of npptools.dll, I suggest that you follow the steps as it is a legitimate source to get the file:

Method 1:

Reinstall the program that uses the npptools.dll file. If the npptools.dll DLL error occurs when you use a particular program, reinstalling the program should replace the file.

Important: Try your best to complete this step. Reinstalling the program that provides the npptools.dll file, if possible, is a likely solution to this DLL error.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The SFC /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

For more information how to do SFC/ scan on Windows Vista and Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 3.

Run a full computer scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure that the computer is virus free.

Microsoft Safety Scanner: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Safety Scanner Disclaimer: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate virus if any.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4484 Last updated: February 7, 2018 Applies to: