Error Code 2755 Windows installer

Hi Guys.

Please note that the issue i am having is with windows installer. I have had no trouble with any other disks.

2 days ago i purchased game for my laptop computer.  I have been having trouble with the installer.

The installer stalls during installation. not always in the same spot. sometimes my attempt to install doesn't even get past the the SELECT INSTALLATION TYPE screen but most of the time it stalls at the start of data transfer.

Finally on my last attempt i received this error note:

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755.

Does this error code represent a problem with the disks encryption?.

As i understand a cd drive can be setup to read data on a disk in other methods in the device manager were and how can i change the disk read method of the drive?.

If the above question is not the case is there a way i can overwrite my windows installer if the installer is corrupt with a  same or newer version?

I am running 64 bit vista service pack 2.

Also is the executable MSlexec.exe related to windows installer?. if so i am unable to locate this executable. Were should i be looking to find this executable if it exists on my system?.

I also appears that my cd rom drive is having trouble reading the disk when the installation appears to stall it speeds up and slows down constantly but no data is transfered. what is the problem? is it possible that my cd drive is not operating correctly. and can i purchase a new one for my laptop?.

appreciate your help thanks.

Question Info

Last updated November 22, 2018 Views 50,013 Applies to:
Answer

Hi 70f9,

1. Does this error code represent a problem with the disks encryption?
You receive error code 2755 when the Windows Installer is not able to read the source files for installation.

If your CD/DVD drive is not reading your game disk properly, then try copying all the files to a newly created a folder on to the desktop and then start installation.

2. Is there a way I can overwrite my windows installer if the installer is corrupt with the same or newer version?
Yes. You can upgrade to Windows Installer version 4.5 and then try installing the game.

Before you download and upgrade your Windows Installer package, use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility tool to uninstall the partial installation of the game.

You can download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from the link below
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Now upgrade your Windows Installer package to Windows Installer version 4.5
Download: Windows Installer 4.5
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

3. Is the executable msiexec.exe related to windows installer? If so I am unable to locate this executable. Where should I be looking to find this executable if it exists on my system?.

Yes. Msiexec is an executable Windows Installer file. You can find the Msiexec file in the following location.

c:\windows\system32\msiexec

4. What is the problem? Is it possible that my CD drive is not operating correctly and can I purchase a new one for my laptop?
You can also run the Fix it Tool from the link below and then try installing the game before you plan to get a new one.

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if this worked.
Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

14 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.