Error 1714

I had Anquet Maps installed on my computer.  I had responded to Anquet's exhortations to update to Version 6.0.  The update went wrong and to try and get the programme back I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it.  However I try I end up with Error 1714 newer version installed or if I try to download the updated version of Anquet it informs me that there is an older version installed.  I have contacted Anquet support and after weeks of correspondence and many attempts to uninstall, clean, purge and exorcise any reference to Anquet I still can't load my Anquet Maps programme.  They gave up and advised me to restore my computer to its original state (no way).  They said " I'll re-iterate that this is not an error generated by Anquet software, but by corrupted Microsoft Installer files"  I even braved the Registry (and survived) to purge any reference to Anquet but to no avail, I still get error 1714. Can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2019 Views 2,583 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Two Four Nine,

Use the “Windows Installer Clean-Up Utility” to clean up the program completely

“Windows Installer Clean-Up Utility” removes the files and the registry settings that make up the   Windows Installer configuration information for installed programs.

To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Download and install the “Windows Installer Clean-Up Utility”. For more information about how to download and install the Windows Installer Clean-Up Utility, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

290301   (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301) Description of the “Windows Installer Clean-Up Utility “

1. Click Start , type Msicuu2.exe in the Start Search box, and then click Msicuu2.exe in the list of files that are found.
  2. Click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove .
  1. Try installing the program after the restart.

Important : Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Us ing Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Thanks and Regards,
Gulrez.

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.