Cannot view CD get an error Director Player Error, Handler not found in object #getPropRef, Script Error. Continue?, Yes No

OT: Director Player Error, Handler not found in object #getPropRef, Script Error. Continue?, Yes No. Nursing student cannot run her practice CDs. CD works on other laptops; just not on her's!

Nursing student cannot run her practice CD that comes with Prentice Hall Nursing book: "Medical-Surgical Nursing 2nd Edition, Reviews & Rationales.  CD works on PCs and one laptop running Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and on an iMac; just not on her's!  She has a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium and it just does not work!  My wife loaned her one of her laptops that also has Windows Vista but the CD runs fine.  What is the problem? I called Prentice Hall and got no help from them!  They said it was a computer problem.  This student is an exchange student and she would really appreciate any help.  I've tried cleaning up the system and even tried the Perfect Optimizer5.2 for fixing Script Errors but it did not work.  Help Please!!  My only other recourse is to backup all the files and wipe the drive clean and start over doing a reinstall of all the applications.  Any other ideas?  She has had the laptop since 2005 and the Hard drive only has about 30% free space left out of 147GB.

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2018 Views 12,419 Applies to:
Answer

Hello cobblestone47,

1.     What is the version of Director player you are using on your computer?

2.     Is the other users who are able to play the CD using director player or shockwave player?

Macromedia Director Player is also known as Shockwave Player. I suggest that you uninstall the Director Player and install the latest version of Shockwave player and check if you have the same issue.

You can follow the below link to download and install the latest version of Shockwave player:

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

Thanks,
Irfan H, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer. Visit ourMicrosoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.