Can somebody please tell me how to fix this - error 1324. the path my documents contains an invalid character

Fellows,

I am using a laptop running Vista Ultimate 64bit and I am having problems installing some softwares.  I get the following error:  "Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character".  I have gone through all of the registry fixes and My Documents redirection but i still get this error.  Can anyone shed some light on this problem as I see alot of blogs out there but no resolutions.

Question Info

Last updated May 30, 2018 Views 11,202 Applies to:
Answer
Hello NetSysAdmin,

You can search the Windows registry for the invalid character that is displayed in the 1324 error message and replace all instances of the invalid character with the correct character. For example, if the 1324 error message refers to "system32/", you should search for "system32/". If you find any instances in the registry, modify them, so that the registry values correctly reference the System32 folder.

1. Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
  2. On the Edit menu, click Find.
  3. In the Find What box, type the character string reported in the 1324 error message, and then click Find Next.
  4. If you find the problematic string, make any necessary changes, and then press F3 to find the next occurrence.
  5. Repeat step 4 until you locate and change all incorrect references.
  6. On the Registry menu, click Exit.

Hope this helps you. Let us know either way. Make it a great day!

"In the End The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make" (The Beatles last song from thier last album, Abbey Road.)
"In the End The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.