BSOD while installing Adobe Flash 9 for IE 8 on Vista Pro (SP1)

I am receiving a BSOD when installing Adobe Flash 9 on my PC, I have Windows Vista Pro SP1 (x64) and IE 8. I can get past the security ribbon and even accept the install, but once the install starts I get a BSOD and I have to reboot. I read about Adobe Flash having issues with 64bit but I only run a 32bit IE window on my 64bit system, so I don’t understand what the issue is. Please Advise.

BSOD Error Reads:
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Techincal Information:

*** STOP: Ox0000001A (0x0000000000041790,0xFFFFFAB00307BFFO,0x000000000000FFFF,0x0000000000000000)

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Begining dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: (%)

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 919 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Benihana84,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.
• Was there any changes done to the computer recently?
• Does it only happen while installing Adobe flash player?

This usually is due to one of several things:

• Corruption of the structures that affect the booting sequence of the hard drive.
• corruption of the file system
• failing hard drive

A) Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers.  Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. 

B) Verify and repair the hard disk file system by using the Chkdsk utility program. To do this, follow these steps:
i. ClickStart, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
ii. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: chkdsk /f
If the hard disk drive is the problem, contact your administrator or the computer hardware vendor for help.
Check the link “Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems” http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

Diana
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.