BFLLR Dynamic Library (Bigfoot Networks, Inc.)

While investigating an intenret connection problem with iTunes, I came across a group of files called the BFLLR Dynamic Library (Bigfoot Networks, Inc.). I believe this program (Killer Tray) may be responsible for my connection problem  and for the fact that I can't "sleep" my computer without getting a blue screen. Does anyone know anything about this program? Is it Malware? Should I delete it?
Answer
Answer

Hi tomcalvocoressi,

·         What connection problem are you facing?

·         What is the complete blue screen error?

·          Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

·         What is the make and model of the computer?

Perform a scan using Microsoft safety scanner.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Reply with more information to assist you further.

No recent changes in my computer. The computer is a Dell XPS running Vista (sob!).....

Beginning in March my iTunes would search unsuccessfully for the store (or for Gracenotes when I was uploading music). In the case of the store, it just cycled without producing an error message. With Gracenotes, it crashed iTunes. In neither case did it provide an error message, although the diagnostics said that I didn't have a secure internet connection. My internet was otherwise working fine.

With respect to the blue screen crash (which has been a problem of longer standing).....Whenever I would attempt to come out of "sleep", I would get error messages involving something called "Kill Tray" saying that programs were unavailable. When I would attempt to shut down, it would give me a blue screen and threaten a data dump.

Yesterday, at the advice of the Apple technician, I downloaded and ran something called Autoruns. It identified Bigfoot Networks as the manufacturer of the only non-Apple winsoc provider; I also know that BN manufactures the Kill Tray. So I researched them and found that their products are intended to enhance internet performance for video gaming. Since I don't do online gaming, I decided to delete the program (although some fragments remain). Happy to say that my iTunes is fixed and the computer otherwise seems to be performing well. I haven't tried the "sleep" function yet to see if that's also been fixed.

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 3,190 Applies to: