1606 error message when attempting to download H&R Block At Home state tax program

H&R Block At Home program loads without difficulty and runs without incident. When downloading the state (Ohio) is when it runs into the 1606 error. I have used Mr. Fixit twice, have checked the registry for errors by hand, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the main program, and still the state will not load. I have had no problems with Vista, nor with H&R Block programs in the past. The amount of time I have wasted trying to get it to work has nullified any potential value there was in purchasing the program. Popup says "an exception runtime has occurred in Script" Click on the debugger and the next window says "Cannot Creat Application Data folder" Click OK and one of the next windows say "Your State download is complete. Click OK to install" Clicking OK sets it in motion only to have another popup, "1152:\Error extracting C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\" and the location of the file. As much as I need a repair for this error, I would like even more to know why it is occurring.

Answer
Answer
Hello ohiomedicine,

I would suggest you contact H&R Block support to see if they are aware of an error with the State Ohio section.
Click here for a link to the H&R Block support page.

You might be able to find a solution there or ask them for assistance.

Sincerely,
Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2023 Views 2,377 Applies to: