Vista Home Prem. x64 OEM Discs

I bought an Acer about 8 months ago, and it's time for me to clean install (as I tend to make a regular practice to keep everything clean and organized) I do not want to use the Acer restore discs because it loads a bunch of bloatware i do not need, nor do i want to have to suffer the ordeal of uninstalling it all (about 40 gigs worth) which falls under the category of things like the Acer arcade, launch manager, NTI backup, and other things of that nature that i simply will not use.  I would like to know if there is a way I can get the DVD for installing the operating system, since Acer will not give it to me, they would rather supply me with the 3 dvd waste they like to push as their "Recovery Discs" I don't wish to recover their bloatware. If i knew someone with the discs for the 64 bit version, i would use it since i still have my cd key sticker, and the cd key copied down as a backup (laptop stickers wear off :( i don't even have my service tag number anymore) I highly appreciate any solutions that can be provided. I went so far as searching torrent sites for an ISO image of the disc, but all i get is the 32 bit version. Is there a way i can just downgrade to a 32 bit version? that doesn't result in me paying for the full version of the OS? With windows 7 on the way, i don't want to buy a new copy of vista.

Question Info

Last updated July 18, 2018 Views 6,725 Applies to:
Answer
To be completely and totally honest with you, the ONLY real way to downgrade to a 32 bit Windows Vista is to either purchase it, or torrent it. You can use 32 bit linux if what you need has a linux client.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.