Unable to use regsvr32 to register jscript.dll

Hi, this is a problem that has been bugging me for some time. I am unable to manually register the jscript.dll file through command prompt, even when I use the computer's default administrator account in safe mode. I keep getting error 0x80004005, which I believe is an "Access is denied" error. Furthermore, when I use the sfc tool, It does not report any problems. I believe that areas of my registry is blocking access, even through I am using an Admin account. The same problem is occurring when I do the same to vbscript.dll, though I have never encountered any side effects from this. I am running Vista Home Premium SP2, with all the latest updated installed. I have also used several anti-virus systems to scan my pc, without any results. I need jscript.dll to install and configure Adobe products, as their installers require JavaScript to show the user interface. Is there a way to resolve this error without having to re-install? More specifically, does anyone know which files and registry keys regsvr32 needs access to in order to register the dll? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2019 Views 12,318 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello David,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

Give a try with the steps mentioned in the below forum discussion link:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/jscript/thread/b7d1a35f-3759-4217-91ba-e4416ac19d78

Regards,

Savan - Microsoft Support.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.