Installing Windows XP on Computer

Computer Mode: Gateway GT5476E
Current OS: Windows Vista
Processor: AMD x64 Athlon x2
BIOS thing: Phoneix Award WorkstationBIOS CMOS something

---
So, what I'm trying to do is install windows XP as a secondary operating system.
I'm trying to install it on a partition of my main Hitachi [some number] hard drive.
Issue: Windows XP's install CD cannot detect the partition.
Most people say: Turn of SATA-Native Mode
Issue: My BIOS utility doesn't seem to have a SATA Native Mode setting
Then I tried to find SATA ACHI drivers for AMD Gateway, but the only official one I found was for Intel. The rest of them seem unofficial and weird.
Then I tried downloading the SATA IDE thing from http://support.gateway.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=2945
I burned it to a CD. Then, when I started windows XP's CD. I pushed F6 and then S to use the driver CD.
Windows XP's CD says it can't find any Floppy Disks on your computer. (And I'm using a CD)
Issue: My computer has no Floppy Disk Drive
It has no option to use a CD instead of a Floppy Disk.
Also, My computer only has 1 CD drive and I took out the Windows XP CD and put in the driver CD while the install program was running (which usually works). It still says it wants a Floppy Disk. 
---
So, making windows XP's CD find my hard drive partition isn't working at all. After days of googling, I found nothing. Does anyone know how to get Windows XP to work on a partition?

Hi,

If you go to Gateway and look up your Model, you will find that there are no Drivers available for XP for your Model; they are all for Vista,

http://support.gateway.com/product/

With no XP Drivers available, you are wasting your time.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - Dec 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 34 Applies to: