Activation Error - 0x80070426

I have been using my Dell studio xps laptop with Windows Vista 64 bit sp1 for 3 years but now am getting message that windows is not activated. when trying to activate getting error code 0x80070426 - 'service not started'. Have tried going to slui.exe 4 but brings back the same error screen. I have gone to Services to restart 'software licensing' but get error message 0xc004d10a. Tried changing product key to one at the backside of computer which is different from the one in computer properties which is OEM activated copy- No luck same error 0x8007040426. Other information - windows installer is on manual. changed to automatic - still same. Help!!

|
Answer
Answer

Your problem appears to be that the Software Licensing Service is not running. and it must, if Vista is not to complain.

Have you been using any form of Registry Cleaner??

First check that the Service is set to start Automatically –

Click on Start,

in the Search box, type

SERVICES.MSC

and hit the Enter key.

Accept the UAC prompt, then look in the listing for the Software Licensing Service –right-click on it and select Properties.

Make sure that it’s set to Automatic, and click Apply

Once that’s properly set, Start the service –how long before it appears to stop again? Is there anything in the Event Viewer to indicate why it stopped? – is there an error message?

Please run the following commands in an Elevated (Admin) Command Prompt Window, and post the results.

net start slsvc

sc qc slsvc

sc queryex slsvc

sc qprivs slsvc

sc qsidtype slsvc

sc sdshow slsvc

Here are some instructions to make life easier :)

1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the CP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.

2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.

3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

Noel Paton
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi -
No, I don't work for Microsoft!
http://www.crashfixpc.co.uk

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

PLEASE only do what is requested - otherwise we have no idea what's actually happening!

You didn't run the command set in an Elevated Command Prompt window - but an ordinary User window - this means that I cannot read what's necessary.

Please repeat the exercise, following my instructions!

Noel Paton
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi -
No, I don't work for Microsoft!
http://www.crashfixpc.co.uk

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 2, 2021 Views 13,996 Applies to: