Vista Blue Screen 0x0000006B PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED at startup

original title: Vista BSOD at startup

Hello,

I have Windows Vista (32-bit) started getting me BSOD at startup. This is very consistent.

BSOD includes the following info:

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

*** STOP 0x0000006B (0xC000012F, 0x00000003, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I tried booting in safe mode, last known good configuration but they both give me the same BSOD.

I ran memory diagnostics and HD thorough test - they are both ok.

I tried the "repair" option from the Vista DVD. It reported a system volume information problem the was supposedly fixed, but BSOD still persists.

I ran chkdsk /f /r which did fix some issues and didn't any bad sectors, but BSOD still persists.

I ran sfc /scannow, but BSOD still persists.

I tried system restore from the Vista DVD. No matter which restore point I select, it gives me a "catastrophic failure 0x8000ffff" error.

Any help would be appretiated.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2018 Views 12,206 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Check this thread for information on using BlueScreenView, MyEventViewer, and other methods
to troubleshoot BlueScreens - top 3 replies.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistarepair/thread/3deab2fa-4000-4136-8c78-a3d22b1db009

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has there been any hardware changes lately, especially any internal additions or removals? If a PC
be sure to remove ALL power and reseat all cards, memory, and cables (both ends when possible)
actually remove and replace - do not just snug.

BCCode: 6B   0x0000006B

Bug Check 0x6B: PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

The PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x0000006B. This bug check indicates that the initialization of the Microsoft Windows operating system failed.

Important Information If You Have Received a STOP Code

If you have received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact information for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer,Contact Support.

If you have experience with computers and want to try to recover from this error, follow the steps provided in the Microsoft articleHow to Fix BlueScreen (STOP) Errors that Cause Windows to Shut Down or Restart Unexpectedly.

The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
  2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
  3. Check your hard disk for errors.
Cause

Any part of the disk subsystem can cause the PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check, including bad disks, bad or incorrect cables, mixing different ATA-type devices on the same chain, or drives that are not available because of hardware regeneration.

This bug check can also be caused by a missing file from the boot partition or by a driver file that a user accidentally disabled in theDrivers tab.

BCCode: 6B   0x0000006B  <- read this
http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/PROCESS1-INITIALIZATION-FAILED-0x0000006B-*1122.html

==============================================================

There could be hardware issues and a real computer shop (not leeks and peeks at a BestBuy
or other BigBox stores) or the System maker's Support needs to check the machine out.

Hope this helps.

Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT 2010 - current
Windows Insider MVP 2016 - current

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.